These types of blinds are inexpensive and the mechanism is very simple. These are usually found in offices but are gaining popularity in household environments. Just like other blinds, it can protect the room interior against UV damage by keeping a certain percentage of exterior light out. This, in effect, reduces the amount of heat that enters the room. It also proves to be an excellent way to keep things inside the home private.
Advantages of Roller Blinds:
- Simplistic design.
- Easy to use.
- Low maintenance.
- More affordable.
- Styles, fabrics, and designs have a huge selection.
- It has a selection for positioning such as half open or half closed.
- Reduces the amount of exterior light.
- Can act as an insulator for temperature.
- Can serve as blackout blinds when the right material is used.
- Can reduce glare.
Disadvantages of Roller Blinds
- Can reduce ventilation.
- Cleaning can be difficult, depending on the material used.